FanIf your query is about medical store license, medical store license requirements, or medical store license requirements in Pakistan, then this article will definitely solve your query.
Medical store license
To start a Medical store, Pharmacy, Distribution, and Wholesale setup in Pakistan you have to get a license from, District Health Authority. This license is granted after inspecting the premises and consequently issuing of inspection report after which the licensing authority shall issue a license for Pharmacy, Medical Store, Distribution, and Wholesale business.
This medical store license is granted after inspecting the premises and consequently issuing of inspection report after which the licensing authority shall issue a license for Pharmacy, Medical Store, Distribution, and Wholesale business.
Medical Store License, Pharmacy license requirements Pakistan
- Minimum Education is Pharm D For Pharmacy, Distribution, and Wholesale setup or Category B, C for the medical store as the case may be.
- If A person who has no Above qualification, can also start the above-mentioned setups, but have to appoint a qualified person having a degree or certificate in the said field.
- The premises must have a proper and adequate facility for refrigerator facility and storage of drugs; to maintain recommended storage conditions
- The drugs should be stored in hygienic conditions.
- Medical store, Pharmacy, Distribution, and Wholesale setups must fulfill the requirements explained in Drugs Laws and Rules.
- Minium-covered area Requirements for Pharmacy or medical stores must be fulfilled.
Types of Drug Sale Licenses
- FORM NO. 8(A)
- License to sell, store and exhibit for sale & distribute drugs by way of
- FORM NO. 8(B)
- License to sell, store, an exhibit for sale & distribute drugs
excluding the drugs specified in Schedule “G” by way of Medical Store.
- FORM NO. 8(C)
- License to sell, store and exhibit for sale & distribute drugs by
way of Distribution.
1. Check List for New DSL
2. Check List for Renewal of DSL
3. Check List for QP Change
4. Information Form
5. FORM NO 8-A (Pharmacy)
6. FORM NO 8-B (Medical Store)
7. FORM NO 8-C (Distribution)
8. Affidavits of Prop & QP
9. Affidavit of Self QP
10. Application for release of category
11. Checklist for Category Release
How to get a medical store license in Pakistan/How to apply for a Drug sales License/medical store license requirements in Pakistan
Follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for a Pharmacy license in Pakistan:
1) Fill out a prescribed form-5 in Drug Rules.Form-5
2) Fill an affidavit on Rs. 50.00 stamp papers as prescribed
3) Deposit a fee of License through a prescribed Challan in a bank. Challan for a fee)
- License Fee (New) Rs= 5000.00
- License Fee (Renewal) Rs= 3000.00
4) Attached a CNIC Copy with Form 5.
5) Attached an agreement copy of the rental or proof of ownership of the business premises.
6) Attached a copy of the NTN certificate with form 5.
7) Authorized Agent’s copy (means which medicines you want to sell their manufacturer/importer/indentor’s authorization letter for the sales of the drugs of their medicines).
8) PCDA (Pakistan Chemists & Druggists Association) / Chamber of commerce & Industries membership certificate’s copy.
9) Qualified person (B-Pharmacy/D-Pharmacy/Category B/Dispenser) certificate holder should be posted at the premises and attached his degree of qualification, Pharmacy Council registration, his CNIC, and 4 Passport size photos should be attached with Form 5.
After that all the above requirements, you should submit them online to your area’s EDO (Health) office or DHO office for License purposes.
- Documents requirements for the proprietor
S. # Documents No
1 CNIC attested copies 4
2 Passport size Pictures( Attested) 4
3 Matric Certificate (attested copy) 1
4 Domicile (attested copy) 1
5 Affidavit (Rs 100 attested from Oath commissioner 1
6 Pharmacy/store Rental or proof of ownership receipt 1
7 Pharmacy/store Business premises location map 1
8 Pharmacy/store Premises internal map 1
9 AC and Refrigerator Availability /receipt 1
10 Distribution original subject to verification along with complete list required 1
- Documents requirements for Qualified person / Pharmacist
S. # Documents No
1 Pharmacy Degree/B Category, Dispensar certificate 1
2 Picture Passport size CNIC
(attested both )
3 Matric Certificate attested 1
4 Domicile (attested copy) 1
5 An affidavit attested by Oath commissioner 1
Documents for change of Qualified Person (QP) in Punjab
- Original challan form (32 A) prescribing fee deposited in the head of account number 1252-Health-other (CO 2871) Receipt at following rates.
- Original DSL/CDSL
- Qualified person affidavit (attested by 1st class magistrate).
- Qualified person CNIC attested copy
- Qualified person pharmacy council registration up-to-date renewed certificate (one copy).
- Proprietor’s affidavit ((attested by 1st class magistrate).
- Proprietor’s CNIC attested copy with one recent photo.
- If a qualified person is getting a license for the first time then provide a draft of Rs 500/- in favor of Secretary Punjab Pharmacy Council.
Fee for change of Qualified Person (QP) in Punjab
Application For a change of Qualified Person Amount Rs.
A Distribution License 2500/
B Pharmacy License 1500/
C Medical store License 1000/
Fee for New/Renewal CDSL of Medical Store/Pharmacy/Distribution license in Punjab.
Application New CDSL fee amount (Rs.) Renewal DSL/CDSL Fee amount (Rs.)
Medical store License 2000/ 1000/
Pharmacy License 3000/ 2000/
Distribution License 5000/ 3000/
- In case of distribution license authorization letter from the manufacturer/importer/indenter (if doing wholesale distribution).
- For a change of premises/address fee for the new license will be paid.
- In the case of entry of the godown, there is no fee for entry of the godown but a map and rent deed will be provided.
Question: Minimum education to get a medical store license.
Answer: Minimum Matric with Sciences or General Science.
Question: Medical store license requirements in Pakistan
Answer: 2 Years, of apprenticeship training under the supervision of registered & notified pharmacists by the Health Department. OR Qualified dispenser with PMF
Question: medical store license requirements in Pakistan/ requirements in Punjab
Answer: Category A for Pharmacy/Distribution setup.
Category B for medical store
Question: medical store license course
Theory Paper – 2
Practical Paper – 1
Paper – I
(a) General Pharmacy
(c) Hospital Pharmacy
Paper – II
(a) Pharmacology + Toxicology
(c) Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmacy/Drug Laws
Each Paper will be 100 Marks consisting of 50% Objective and 50% Subjective (Short Questions)
Paper – III
Practical 180 marks
Question: Can we get a medical store license on rent?
Answer: As per Drug Law technical person (Pharmacist/assistant pharmacist), presence is compulsory in drug sale medical store/pharmacy/distribution setup.
Question: How to get a pharmacy license in Pakistan
Answer: FORM NO 8-A (Pharmacy)